Oct 20, 2013 at 6pm UK at ​FedEx Field
Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins
Forte (6:07)
Hester (6:15)
Helu (13:50), Orakpo (13:38), Reed (0:33)
Forte (6:43)
Helu (3:26)
Forte (12:49), Bennett (4:02)
Robinson (11:04), Helu (0:49)

Result: Washington Redskins edge 86-point thriller

Result: Redskins edge 86-point thriller
© Getty Images
The Washington Redskins take the lead on six separate occasions on their way to a dramatic 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears.

The Washington Redskins have picked up their first home win of the season with a dramatic 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears.

Both sides exchanged field goals in the first quarter, with Kai Forbath knocking a 38-yard kick over and Robbie Gould responding with a 47-yard one of his own to make it 3-3.

The first touchdown of the match went the way of the Bears as Matt Forte strolled into the end zone from two yards out.

The Redskins took the lead with two scores in quick succession at the start of the second quarter. First Roy Helu found a way through the defense for a 14-yard score before Brian Orakpo collected a spilled Jay Cutler pass and returned it 29 yards for a touchdown.

Devin Hester levelled the scores again later in the quarter, collecting a punt and returning it 81 yards for a touchdown thanks to some good blocking from his teammates.

Washington would take a lead into the halfway stage, however, as Robert Griffin III floated a pass out to Jordan Reed in the end zone, and the rookie tight end got his feet down just in time to complete the score.

Forte restored parity for the Bears once more midway through the third quarter as he went straight down the middle of the field before side-stepping a defender and running in for a 50-yard touchdown.

The pendulum swung back in favour of the Redskins with 3:26 left of the quarter, however, as Helu dodged a number of tackles to go in for his second touchdown of the match.

Forte went one better by claiming his third score of the match at the start of the fourth quarter, bringing the sides level for sixth time in the match with a six-yard run through the middle.

Washington regained the lead shortly afterwards, however, as Griffin found Aldrick Robinson at the front of the endzone with a fine 45-yard pass.

Chicago moved back within four points courtesy of a 49-yard Gould kick before taking the lead with 4:02 left on the clock when Josh McCown - in for the injured Cutler - found Martellus Bennett in the end zone with a seven-yard pass.

However, the Redskins took the lead for the sixth and final time with just 49 seconds left of the match as Helu ran in from three yards for his third touchdown of the day to secure a dramatic win for his side.

Robert Griffin III #10 of the Washington Redskins runs the ball against the Seattle Seahawks during the NFC Wild Card Playoff Game at FedExField on January 6, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Redskins score late to lead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole