Jonathan Sexton: Leinster return "not going to happen"

Ireland's Jonny Sexton in action against Scotland during the Six Nations on February 2, 2014
© Getty Images
Ireland full-back Jonathan Sexton insists that he is planning to honour his contract at Racing Metro amid reports linking him with a return to former club Leicester.

Racing Metro fly-half Jonathan Sexton has dismissed rumours linking him with an early return to Leinster.

The Irish back, who was an ever present in their victorious Six Nations team, agreed to leave his homeland in January 2013 to join the Top 14 outfit.

Reports have questioned his happiness in Paris, but Sexton has insisted that he and his family are planning to settle down abroad and he intends to see out his two-and-a-half-year Metro contract.

He told RTE: "There was speculation about leaving France a year early. That is not going to happen.

"In the press conference last week, I have always given two sides of the story and only one seemed to be picked up. I said sometimes I absolutely love this place and other times, it was tough at the start and there have been difficult moments.

"But all-in-all, that was always going to be the case in your first six months here. My wife and I have settled down really well here, we have a baby on the way in July and it'll be born in Paris please God. They are unnecessary distractions and something I haven't got too hung up over to be honest. I'm starting to really enjoy it over here and we're taking steps in the right direction."

Sexton, 28, has been capped 43 times by Ireland since debuting in 2009.

Ireland's Chris Henry celebrates with teammate Devin Toner after scoring the first try against Wales during their Six Nations match on February 8, 2014
Read Next:
Result: Ireland crush Wales in Six Nations
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole