Coleman was on the verge of signing a new contract as Wales boss last month, but consecutive defeats to Macedonia and Serbia prompted the FAW to withdraw their offer.
The Dragons lifted themselves off the bottom of Group A with a 1-0 win over Macedonia last night and, while Coleman is now unsure whether he would accept a renewed contract offer, he insists that he has no problem with Ford.
"I spoke to him before the game, he sent me a text wishing me good luck as he always does. I have never had a problem with Jonathan, he has a job to do. Sometimes when someone puts a microphone in front of your face you say things you think maybe you shouldn't have said," Coleman told PA.
"The FAW will have their ideas of where they see Welsh football going as they are entitled to, but whatever happens after these games will happen. Last month the contract was agreed and there for me to sign, after two defeats I wasn't able to sign it.
"I cannot sit here telling you my mind is made up, because it isn't. Is Jonathan behind me? You would have to ask him that."
Wales, who now sit fourth in their World Cup qualifying group, will face Belgium in their final match on Tuesday.