Aug 23, 2014 at 3pm UK at ​Liberty Stadium
SwanseaSwansea City
Dyer (23')
Shelvey (73'), Sigurdsson (85')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Duff (79')

Result: Nathan Dyer strike secures Swansea City victory

A first-half strike from Nathan Dyer maintains Swansea City's 100% record at the start of the season as they defeat Burnley 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea City made it two wins out of two in the Premier League this season as Nathan Dyer fired them to a 1-0 victory over Burnley at the Liberty Stadium.

Nathan Dyer of Swansea City celebrates with substitute Kyle Bartley of Swansea City as he scores their first goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Swansea City and Burnley at Liberty Stadium on August 23, 2014© Getty Images

The Swans came within inches of taking the lead in the fourth minute when Dyer raided down the flank and crossed for Wilfried Bony, whose header was cleared off the line by Jason Shackell.

Gylfi Sigurdsson was presented with a glorious chance to hand his side the lead as he latched onto a Wayne Routledge cross, but he could only guide his effort into the hands of Tom Heaton.

Swansea did take the lead when Sigurdsson atoned for his missed chance by sliding a perfect through ball for the run of Dyer, who made no mistake slotting the ball under Heaton at the near post.

Swansea City's English midfielder Nathan Dyer scores the opening goal during the English Premier League football match between Swansea City and Burnley at the Liberty Stadium in Swansea on August 23, 2014© Getty Images

After the break, Burnley came out strongly and could have found themselves level if not for a brave intervention from Ashley Williams which denied Lukas Juktiewicz in the penalty area.

The Clarets were having the better of the second half and they missed another great chance to restore parity when Scott Arfield latched onto a cross, but blazed his effort well over the bar.

Sean Dyche's men continued to press and should have equalised when David Jones rifled an effort towards goal, but Lukas Fabianski was on hand to produce a diving save to keep his side ahead.

Ki Sung-yeung almost secured the three points for the Swans six minutes from time as he latched onto Heaton's poor clearance, but he could only fire over the bar.

Burnley made one final surge to get an equaliser, but the home side held out for the three points.

Swansea City's English manager Garry Monk gestures during the English Premier League football match between Manchester United and Swansea City at Old Trafford in Manchester, north west England on August 16, 2014
Read Next:
Live Commentary: Swansea City 1-0 Burnley - as it happened
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole