Ronald Koeman: 'Liverpool have not made Dejan Lovren bid'

Feyenoord Manager, Ronald Koeman thanks the fans after victory in the Eredivisie match between Feyenoord and VVV Venlo at De Kuip on April 5, 2013
© Getty Images
Southampton boss Ronald Koeman claims that Liverpool have not made a renewed offer for Dejan Lovren.

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has claimed that there has been no fresh bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.

Reports on Monday claimed that the Reds had tabled a £20m offer for the Croatia international, but the Saints manager told Sky Sports News that the speculation is wide of the mark.

He said: "No, as I heard in the last week, there has been no bid for Lovren from Liverpool.

"That's the situation and it has not changed. He will continue playing [for Southampton], it's that simple.

"We know there is a lot of interest in our players, that is normal, but we have to wait and we work on the team and the squad and we like to continue with that [squad], and what will happen will happen."

Southampton have already lost Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana to the Reds this summer, while Luke Shaw has joined Manchester United.

Paris Saint-Germain's Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring a goal during the French L1 football match between Nice (OGCN) and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) on March 28, 2014
Read Next:
Liverpool links to Cavani, Isco 'wide of the mark'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables