Barnsley plan to keep manager search quiet

A general view of the Oakwell Stadium before kick off during the npower Championship match between Barnsley and Bristol City at the Oakwell Stadium on October 29, 2011
© Getty Images
Barnsley chief executive Ben Mansford says that the club's search for a new manager will be done in private.

Barnsley have said that they will search for a new manager in private, revealing as little as possible to stem media speculation.

The Tykes are on the hunt for a new boss after sacking David Flitcroft, who has already found another job with Bury in League Two.

A statement released by chief executive Ben Mansford today said that last year's appointment of Flitcroft was far too public and caused "uncertainty" at the club.

"Last year there was a very public process that occurred around who was and wasn't going to be the next Barnsley manager," said Mansford.

"That bred at times, picking up from David and Micky (Mellon, current caretaker boss) and Martin (Scott, former technical coach), a bit of uncertainty around the place.

"We want to do our business in private, in football terms it is the best way to do it. We are getting on with what we feel is right for the football club."

Mansford also said that Mellon would get a chance to manage the side and prove his worth. The Tykes next host fellow strugglers Yeovil Town on Saturday.

Brighton boss Oscar Garcia on the touchline during a game with Burnley on August 24, 2013
Read Next:
Team News: Two changes for Brighton
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables