Super League roundup: St Helens comeback stuns Castleford Tigers

Sports Mole rounds up all the action from Friday evening's games in the Super League.

St Helens overturned an 18-point deficit to clinch a narrow win over the Castleford Tigers and maintain their unbeaten start to the Super League season.

A first-half brace from Michael Shenton helped the home side into the lead, where they remained until the final two minutes, when Adam Swift dived into the corner to complete the league leaders' comeback.

Leeds Rhinos cruised to victory over the Wakefield Trinity Wilcats, scoring seven tries during the 36-point victory.

Jamie Peacock and Rob Burrow were among the try scorers, while Kevin Sinfield added all seven conversions for the hosts.

Wigan Warriors recovered from a poor start against the London Broncos to wrap up a comfortable win and move up to fourth in the table.

Jamie O'Callaghan and Mike McMeeken helped the visitors, who are still without a win this season, to a 10-0 lead early on, but the Warriors were in front by half time.

Tony Clubb, Iain Thornley and Dan Sarginson all crossed the whitewash twice as Wigan dominated the second half.

Bradford Bulls tried to fight back late on against the Salford Red Devils, but the visitors added a couple of late tries of their own to make sure of the win in their first league game under new coach Iestyn Harris.

Elliot Kear and Adam Henry gave the hosts some hope in the final 10 minutes, but Rangi Chase and Francis Meli also found the line late on to put the win beyond doubt.

Hull Kingston Rovers proved too strong for Warrington Wolves, as Michael Weyman picked up two tries for the visitors.

The Robins pulled ahead in the second half following a quiet first half, although Richie Myler added two consolation efforts for Warrington.

Results in full: Bradford Bulls 24-38 Salford Red Devils, Castleford Tigers 28-30 St Helens, Leeds Rhinos 42-6 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Warrington Wolves 12-25 Hull Kingston Rovers, Wigan Warriors 36-14 London Broncos

Wigan's Iain Thornley scores the first try of the Challenge Cup final against Hull FC on August 24, 2013
Read Next:
Super League roundup: St Helens hold on to top spot
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account