Jacques Villeneuve has hit out at the private testing programme being enjoyed this year by controversial Formula 1 rookie Lance Stroll.
After vicious early-season criticism of the 18-year-old Williams driver, Villeneuve acknowledged that fellow Canadian Stroll took a big step forward in Montreal and Baku.
However, the 1997 world champion remains critical.
For instance, between his first points in Canada and his Baku podium, Stroll was testing at the wheel of a 2014 Williams at the United States Grand Prix circuit in Austin.
"They are circumventing the rules," Villeneuve told Le Journal de Montreal.
"It's not fair to the other drivers because he is the only one to have this privilege thanks to his money. But there should be limits to what money can buy, and I'm not alone in thinking that."
Villeneuve was also critical of Stroll's interaction with the press so far in 2017.
"You told me that Williams had refused to arrange a telephone interview after his podium in Baku," he said.
"I find that inconceivable, as I never refused such requests, even when everything went wrong and I was being criticised from every side. Stroll's entourage should be aware of that."
The season continues with the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday.