Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Saturday, December 5.
Saturday morning's Formula 1 news roundup
Two manufacturers are pulling out of Formula E.
Honda's decision to pull out of F1 at the end of next year will leave just Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault on the grid.
But in Formula E, the all-electric series, there are currently six carmakers involved - Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Nissan and BMW, as well as the famous American racing name Penske.
BMW and Audi, however, are pulling out - although Toto Wolff said in Bahrain on Friday that Mercedes is staying the course.
"It's certainly a little bit of a shake-up if two premium OEMs leave the series," he said.
"But they will have their reasons, which we must respect. I think the positive of the situation is that Formula E will make progress with learning - why are these two guys leaving, is there anything we can do?"
Wolff thinks a F1-style budget cap would be a good move for Formula E.
"Only if these little entities are profitable will they generate interest from shareholders, from people buying in, and it becomes a franchise value, like Formula 1 is going to be," he said.
"I see the future bright in terms of the setup of Formula E, but of course the series needs to deliver on all our expectations on branding, marketing and exposure."
Romain Grosjean says he is "not against" Formula 1 deciding to show all the replays of his horror crash of last Sunday.
Daniel Ricciardo led the criticism of the way Formula 1 handled the broadcast of the terrifying incident, accusing the sport of using it as a "Hollywood" moment.
"I ran into Romain's wife, Marion, and she appreciated my comments about the replays," Australian Ricciardo said in Bahrain on Friday. "I think that's all I needed."
However, Grosjean himself is not opposed to the way F1 has released the various replay angles of the crash - and doesn't even mind if the on-board footage is shown too.
"I haven't seen the onboard recordings, but I want to. You can always learn something," he said in Bahrain, where he is being replaced this weekend by Pietro Fittipaldi.
"We can learn from how a driver behaves in these moments," Grosjean added.
"Of course I understand why some drivers were bothered by the replays. Kevin (Magnussen), for example, was worried that although I was on my feet, I may have had internal injuries.
"Even today, the accident looks crazy. If I had seen it on TV, I would have thought the guy was dead too. But the pictures on TV help people to understand it," he continued. "To understand what happened, and that it wasn't just a dream.
"It's good to see that even if someone is on fire, you can survive an accident like that."
More news from Formula 1:
Romain Grosjean opens up on horrific fireball crash
The Frenchman crashed in Bahrain last week. Read more.
George Russell impresses in absence of 'bedridden' Lewis Hamilton
Seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton is recovering at home after testing positive for coronavirus on Monday. Read more.
Mercedes debutant George Russell posts fastest time in opening practice
The British driver is racing Lewis Hamilton's world championship winning Mercedes this weekend in Bahrain. Read more.