MX23RW : Tuesday, June 18 15:38:06| >> :300:86500:86500:
St Patrick's Athletic
League of Ireland Premier | Gameweek 25
May 20, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Richmond Park
Shelbourne

St Patrick's
1 - 2
Shelbourne

Mulraney (73')
Lennon (19'), McLaughlin (70'), Keeley (80'), Rogers (90+7')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Boyd (14'), Caffrey (90+6')
O'Sullivan (45+2'), Coyle (72'), Barrett (81'), Caffrey (90+7')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's League of Ireland Premier clash between St Patrick's Athletic and Shelbourne, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: St Patrick's 0-1 Derry
Friday, May 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Shelbourne 1-0 Waterford
Friday, May 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier

We said: St Patrick's Athletic 1-1 Shelbourne

While six places and 12 points separate Monday's foes in the standings, their two previous meetings this term have been close-run affairs, and St Patrick's home exploits were applaudable before Friday's reverse. Factoring in Shelbourne's recent problems on the road, as well as the fact that both sides also working around limited recovery time, a tightly-fought stalemate could be on the cards. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Shelbourne win with a probability of 35.65%. A win for St Patrick's Athletic had a probability of 35.56% and a draw had a probability of 28.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Shelbourne win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.9%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (7.5%) and 0-2 (6.68%). The likeliest St Patrick's Athletic win was 1-0 (11.88%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.34%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 7.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Shelbourne would win this match.

Result
St Patrick's AthleticDrawShelbourne
35.56% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09) 28.78% (0.0030000000000001 0) 35.65% (0.077999999999996 0.08)
Both teams to score 45.48% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
38.92% (-0.012 -0.01)61.08% (0.0080000000000027 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
18.94% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)81.05% (0.0049999999999955 0)
St Patrick's Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.41% (-0.060000000000002 -0.06)32.58% (0.056999999999995 0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.88% (-0.067999999999998 -0.07)69.12% (0.064999999999998 0.06)
Shelbourne Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.47% (0.045000000000002 0.05)32.53% (-0.048000000000002 -0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.94% (0.050000000000001 0.05)69.06% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)
Score Analysis
    St Patrick's Athletic 35.56%
    Shelbourne 35.65%
    Draw 28.77%
St Patrick's AthleticDrawShelbourne
1-0 @ 11.88% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-1 @ 7.48% (-0.012 -0.01)
2-0 @ 6.66% (-0.019 -0.02)
3-1 @ 2.8% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
3-0 @ 2.49% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-2 @ 1.57% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.67%
Total : 35.56%
1-1 @ 13.34%
0-0 @ 10.59%
2-2 @ 4.2% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
Other @ 0.64%
Total : 28.77%
0-1 @ 11.9% (0.02 0.02)
1-2 @ 7.5% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-2 @ 6.68% (0.019 0.02)
1-3 @ 2.81% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
0-3 @ 2.5% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-3 @ 1.57% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.69%
Total : 35.65%

How you voted: St Patrick's vs Shelbourne

St Patrick's Athletic
45.5%
Draw
45.5%
Shelbourne
9.1%
11
Head to Head
Apr 26, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 12
Shelbourne
1-0
St Patrick's
Martin (33')
Duff (19')

Lennon (18'), McLaughlin (48'), Bolger (72'), Keeley (82'), Nolan (85')
Mar 15, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 6
St Patrick's
1-2
Shelbourne
Mulraney (71')
Kavanagh (35'), Breslin (65'), Sjoberg (80')
Jarvis (48', 58')
Coyle (29'), Burt (51'), Wilson (59'), O'Sullivan (90+3'), Lunney (90+5'), Farrell (90+7')
Sep 1, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 29
Shelbourne
2-1
St Patrick's
Cabral (80'), Barrett (90')
Duff (25'), Coyle (31'), Barrett (36'), Wood (90+4')
Redmond (20')
McGrath (24'), Breslin (35'), Lennon (55')
McGrath (65')
Jun 23, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 21
St Patrick's
1-0
Shelbourne
Mulraney (69')
McCormack (41'), Mulraney (48'), Curtis (58'), Arubi (63'), Doyle (89')

Duff (42'), Griffin (51'), Coyle (58'), Boyd (58'), Wilson (58')
Duff (0')
May 19, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 16
Shelbourne
0-1
St Patrick's

Hakiki (70'), Ross Wilson (73'), Smith (90+5')
Curtis (57')
Lennon (72'), Sjoberg (76'), Timmermans (90+5')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Denmark Denmark10101
3 Slovenia Slovenia10101
4 Serbia Serbia10010

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!