MX23RW : Wednesday, April 24 07:09:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Championship | Gameweek 36
Mar 5, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Hillsborough Stadium
Plymouth Argyle

Sheff Weds
1 - 0
Plymouth

Gassama (60')
Diaby-Fadiga (89')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Forshaw (45'), Randell (58')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth Argyle, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Plymouth 0-2 Ipswich
Saturday, March 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Plymouth Argyle

Sheffield Wednesday fell to a heavy defeat when the two sides last met in October, but we think that Tuesday's meeting will prove to be an entirely different affair. The Owls will be full of confidence following a run of three consecutive victories, and we believe that they will do enough to beat a Plymouth side that has lost three of their last four matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sheffield Wednesday win with a probability of 53.4%. A draw had a probability of 23.7% and a win for Plymouth Argyle had a probability of 22.89%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sheffield Wednesday win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.71%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.75%) and 2-0 (9.29%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.25%), while for a Plymouth Argyle win it was 0-1 (6.49%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 10.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Sheffield Wednesday in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Sheffield Wednesday.

Result
Sheffield WednesdayDrawPlymouth Argyle
53.4% (0.688 0.69) 23.72% (-0.023 -0.02) 22.89% (-0.664 -0.66)
Both teams to score 53.52% (-0.727 -0.73)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.66% (-0.57700000000001 -0.58)47.34% (0.579 0.58)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.44% (-0.538 -0.54)69.56% (0.539 0.54)
Sheffield Wednesday Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.34% (0.043999999999997 0.04)17.66% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
51.71% (0.071999999999996 0.07)48.29% (-0.072000000000003 -0.07)
Plymouth Argyle Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65% (-0.917 -0.92)35% (0.918 0.92)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.26% (-0.976 -0.98)71.74% (0.976 0.98)
Score Analysis
    Sheffield Wednesday 53.39%
    Plymouth Argyle 22.89%
    Draw 23.71%
Sheffield WednesdayDrawPlymouth Argyle
1-0 @ 10.71% (0.27 0.27)
2-1 @ 9.75% (0.019 0.02)
2-0 @ 9.29% (0.247 0.25)
3-1 @ 5.64% (0.018999999999999 0.02)
3-0 @ 5.37% (0.15 0.15)
3-2 @ 2.96% (-0.065 -0.07)
4-1 @ 2.44% (0.011 0.01)
4-0 @ 2.33% (0.068 0.07)
4-2 @ 1.28% (-0.027 -0.03)
Other @ 3.62%
Total : 53.39%
1-1 @ 11.25% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 6.18% (0.147 0.15)
2-2 @ 5.12% (-0.119 -0.12)
3-3 @ 1.04% (-0.049 -0.05)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 23.71%
0-1 @ 6.49% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-2 @ 5.91% (-0.146 -0.15)
0-2 @ 3.41% (-0.089 -0.09)
1-3 @ 2.07% (-0.105 -0.11)
2-3 @ 1.79% (-0.088 -0.09)
0-3 @ 1.19% (-0.062 -0.06)
Other @ 2.03%
Total : 22.89%

How you voted: Sheff Weds vs Plymouth

Sheffield Wednesday
68.5%
Draw
12.3%
Plymouth Argyle
19.2%
73
Head to Head
Oct 25, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Plymouth
3-0
Sheff Weds
Bundu (44'), Whittaker (45+3'), Hardie (76')
Houghton (41'), Kesler (43')

Iorfa (43')
Feb 4, 2023 3pm
Oct 4, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 8
Plymouth
2-1
Sheff Weds
Hardie (3'), Cosgrove (90+1')
Palmer (7')
Jan 15, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 28
Sheff Weds
4-2
Plymouth
Sow (19'), Mendez-Laing (40'), Hutchinson (79'), Windass (84')
Luongo (56'), Hunt (88')
Randell (47'), Johnson (83' og.)
Broom (90+6')
Nov 16, 2021 7.45pm
First Round Replays
Plymouth
3-0
Sheff Weds
Garrick (20', 67'), Hardie (36')

Brown (56'), Wildsmith (68')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester443041086394794
2Leeds UnitedLeeds44279880374390
3Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
4Southampton442591085612484
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4420121267442372
6Norwich CityNorwich442191477611672
7Hull City431812136254866
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough44189176460463
10Preston North EndPreston44189175661-563
11Cardiff CityCardiff44195205061-1162
12Bristol City441611175147459
13Sunderland44168205251156
14Swansea CitySwansea441511185762-556
15Watford441217155958153
16Millwall441411194355-1253
17Stoke CityStoke441311204460-1650
18Queens Park RangersQPR441311204157-1650
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn441310215874-1649
20Plymouth ArgylePlymouth441212205869-1148
21Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds44138233968-2947
22Birmingham CityBirmingham441210224864-1646
23Huddersfield TownHuddersfield44917184774-2744
RRotherham UnitedRotherham44412283285-5324


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!