ECB apologises for Kevin Pietersen criticism

The England and Wales Cricket Board apologises to Kevin Pietersen after its managing director claimed that he was "disinterested" and "distracted" during The Ashes.

The England and Wales Cricket Board have apologised to former England batsman Kevin Pietersen after the board's managing director criticised his attitude during the winter Ashes tour.

Paul Downton told BBC Test Match Special earlier this week that the 33-year-old seemed "disinterested" and "distracted" during the final Test in Sydney earlier this year.

An ECB statement said: "Paul Downton and the ECB both apologise to Kevin Pietersen for those comments."

Pietersen was sacked from the England team following the tour.

England's Kevin Pietersen raise his bat moments after reaching 50 runs during the third day of the third Ashes Test on August 3, 2013
Read Next:
Downton: 'Pietersen was disinterested'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!
Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand