MX23RW : Wednesday, September 22 19:03:57| >> :600:169393657:169393657:

WBC expects Saul Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin deal to be agreed during May

The WBC indicates that a deal for the middleweight title clash between Saul Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will be agreed before the end of May.

The WBC has said that purse bids will take place should Saul Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin fail to agree a deal for their scheduled middleweight clash.

Last year, the governing body announced that Golovkin was the mandatory challenger for Alvarez's world title but it was decided that each fighter could face one more opponent during the spring before their showdown later in 2016.

With Golovkin easing past Dominic Wade and Alvarez knocking out Amir Khan, attention has turned back to the two camps attempting to agree terms that suit both parties, but the WBC has suggested that it will step in should talks prove unsuccessful.


It has long been debated whether Alvarez will be prepared to face Golovkin at 160lbs or try to negotiate a catchweight, but the Mexican has said that he is happy to compete at the middleweight limit.

ID:272408: cacheID:272408:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:2009:
Restore Data
Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Big ginger Canelo Alvarez sends a smouldering look down the camera on February 29, 2016
Read Next:
Alvarez: 'I will face Golovkin at 160lbs'
>

rhs 2.0
-(578:50) NO SAVED VALID SPORT!!!!:5:

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!