Froch stopped Groves in controversial circumstances on Saturday evening, and despite Groves knocking down the champion in the first round and leading on all three scorecards, the Nottingham boxer believes that he has nothing to prove against the previously unbeaten Hammersmith man.
The 36-year-old told Boxing News: "I don't think that I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he was an unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance that I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it.
"A rematch with Groves doesn't do anything for my personal goals. George Groves was on my hitlist and guess what? On my record, it says Froch v Groves - Froch TKO round 9. That's what it says and that's a very satisfying result on my record for the history books.
"They're the facts. It's a bitter pill for George Groves to swallow. I took the victory from him by being the warrior and the strong ironman that I am."
In the aftermath of Saturday's fight, promoter Eddie Hearn admitted that a rematch between the two Brits could be "inevitable".