Carl Froch considers George Groves bout

Froch considers Groves bout
© PA Photos
Carl Froch admits that a fight against George Groves could happen in the future, but only if Groves becomes mandatory challenger.

Super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch has admitted that he will fight George Groves, but only if the Londoner becomes mandatory challenger.

Froch became angry with Groves for sparring with Mikkel Kessler ahead of their unification fight last month.

A war of words ensued, with Froch stating that he would not fight Groves, but the Nottingham man now admits that a fight between the pair could happen.

"I don't know how easy it is to make the Groves fight," Froch told PA Sport. "Of course it's a winnable fight, as is every fight.

"It's definitely a fight I want. I've said before I'm not just going to give him a shot, but if he becomes mandatory - which I think he might do - then yes.

"I don't need to prove myself against anyone. Just look at my resume over the last five years. I'll fight anybody, including what's his name? Groves?"

Light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly has also been calling Froch out over a possible fight.

Share this article now:
Carl Froch celebrates his win over Mikkel Kessler on May 25, 2013
Read Next:
Froch: 'I have four fights left in me'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!
Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand