British middleweight Chris Eubank Jr has said that he did not see any contracts during the failed negotiations to face world champion Gennady Golovkin.
After lengthy discussions, Eubank had been expected to face the world's best pound-for-pound fighter in September but on Friday, Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn announced that IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook would step up two weight divisions to face the big-punching Kazakh.
Hearn has suggested that unrealistic demands from the Eubank camp made it "impossible" to agree a deal, but Eubank Jr has insisted that he was not given a chance to pen a contract to meet the WBC, WBA and IBF title holder.
I haven't been shown one contract since my fight with GGG was announced. I'm still ready & waiting to sign. Fighting Brook is a joke #2Small— Chris Eubank Jr (@ChrisEubankJr) July 8, 2016
In an interview with iFL TV, Hearn said that the Eubanks wanted "full operational control" of the event at the O2 Arena.