Doug Martin: "I'm ready to go"

Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin believes that he is ready to go ahead of the start of the 2013 NFL season.

Doug Martin has said that he is "ready to go" for the 2013 NFL season.

The running back has seen limited action during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' pre-season games, having just three carries for four rushing yards.

The 24-year-old told the team's website: "During the off-season, through the workouts, I have no doubt that I am in even better shape than I was in last year, so I'm ready to go.

"I practise full-speed, I practise [at] game-speed and that's all I need. The starters aren't going to play [against the Washington Redskins this evening], so we'll ease our way into the regular season and get this season going."

Martin rushed for 1,454 yards during his first season in the league, scoring 11 rushing touchdowns.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Doug Martin on November 18, 2012
Read Next:
Result: Falcons beaten by Buccaneers
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account