MX23RW : Monday, June 14 14:55:42| >> :600:1399246:1399246:

British businessman buys stake in Nice

British businessman Ed Blackman teams up with a Saudi prince to purchase an 80% stake in Ligue 1 side Nice.

British entrepreneur Ed Blackmore has teamed up with an unnamed member of the Saudi royal family to purchase a 49% stake in Ligue 1 side Nice.

The pair's interest in the club will grow to 80% in June at which point the Saudi prince will reveal himself, club president Jean-Pierre Rivere - who will retain the remaining 20% - announced on Friday.

Blackman insisted that he was not planning a radical shakeup at the South Coast club, having observed their operations for the last six months.

"We have learned to love the club, the town and region and having seen matches against Bastia, Bordeaux and St-Etienne, we know that the philosophy on the pitch corresponds to what we are looking for," he said.

"With my partner, we totally believe in the project already in place. We will support it so that it can be fulfilled. We are here for the long term.

"One of our priorities is to see youth flourish. A new first-class training centre is coming soon. That is a key step."

Nice are third in Ligue 1, three points behind second-placed AS Monaco.

ID:265276: cacheID:265276:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:1984:
Restore Data
Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Eric Mouloungui
Read Next:
Nice reject Hammers bid for striker
>

rhs 2.0
Euro 2020 fixtures
Monday, June 14, 2021
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
 
5pm
Thursday, June 17, 2021
 
5pm
Todays Game Header Right

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!