MX23RW : Monday, May 17 01:31:38| >> :600:839840:839840:

Paul di Resta aiming for strong start

Force India's Paul di Resta wants a strong start to the 2013 Formula 1 season.

Paul di Resta has said that he is hoping for a strong start to the 2013 Formula 1 season with Force India.

The team launched their car for the coming season earlier this week, but are yet to confirm their second driver.

The 26-year-old told Sky Sports News: "I think we need to start the season stronger than we have done over the past couple of seasons. I think to move up to that next stage we need to score points and keep the momentum in.

"It is my third year and I am more ready for the challenge than I ever was, I am a year wiser, I've got the confidence in the team and the people in the team to do that. It is all about the work we put into this car and the work we do over the next two months.

"There is a lot of running, a lot of different challengers are going to come up against us, but ultimately the key point is qualifying in Melbourne - that's when it is gloves off."

The team finished seventh in the constructors' championship in 2012, with Di Resta finishing 14th in the drivers' standings.

ID:67440: cacheID:67440:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:1725:
Restore Data
Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Adrian Sutil
Read Next:
Sutil: 'Conviction won't prevent F1 return'
>
Read more about Paul di Resta Formula 1

rhs 2.0

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!