The summer transfer window has now begun, with rumours and speculation continuing to swirl as Manchester United eye possible reinforcements.
The Red Devils brought in Bruno Fernandes and Odion Ighalo in the final days of the winter window but are still expected to be active in the summer as they aim to restore their former glories.
Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news on possible comings and goings from Old Trafford.
Thursday morning's Manchester United transfer talk news roundup:
Manchester United are reportedly contemplating a fresh bid for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho before the end of the summer transfer window.
Dortmund have long insisted that Sancho will not be sold this year unless the Premier League giants are prepared to meet their £108m valuation.
That resulted in United's latest bid, which is said to be worth £91.3m, being rejected out of hand by the Bundesliga side earlier this week.
According to Sky Sports News, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and club officials must now decide whether to make another approach in the coming days.
United may instead move for a cheaper alternative with Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele allegedly emerging as a potential loan target.
Sancho still has three years left on his contract, a factor which leaves Dortmund in a strong position regarding the 20-year-old's future.
Manchester United will reportedly bring two more new players to the club before the end of this summer's transfer window on October 5.
The Red Devils have signed Donny van de Beek from Ajax this summer but have thus far been frustrated in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund attacker Jadon Sancho.
Porto defender Alex Telles also continues to be linked with a move to the 20-time English champions, who have picked up three points from their first two matches of the 2020-21 Premier League season.
According to The Athletic's David Ornstein, United are likely to sign a new left-back and right-sided attacker before Monday's deadline.
As well as Sancho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are said to be considering Watford's Ismaila Sarr and Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele as potential attacking options.
The Red Devils are also allegedly weighing up a move for free agent Edinson Cavani.
More transfer news from Manchester United:
Ronald Koeman opens door to Ousmane Dembele exit amid Manchester United talk
Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman refuses to rule out Ousmane Dembele leaving the club amid reports of interest from Manchester United. Read more.
Jadon Sancho 'tells agent to secure Manchester United move'
Borussia Dortmund attacker Jadon Sancho reportedly tells his agent and advisors to secure a move to Manchester United. Read more.
Manchester City 'told to pay £23m for Nicolas Tagliafico'
Manchester City will reportedly have to pay £23m if they wish to complete a deal for Ajax defender Nicolas Tagliafico this summer. Read more.
Manchester United 'consider Ousmane Dembele as emergency loan option'
Manchester United view Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele as a potential 'emergency loan' late in the transfer window, according to a report. Read more.
Tottenham Hotspur 'eyeing move for £46m-rated Carlos Vinicius'
Tottenham Hotspur could move for Benfica attacker Carlos Vinicius before the end of this summer's transfer window, according to a report. Read more.
Manchester United 'have not made offer for Ainsley Maitland-Niles'
Manchester United have not bid for Arsenal midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles, according to a report. Read more.
Zinedine Zidane refuses to rule out Luka Jovic exit amid Manchester United talk
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane opens the door for Luka Jovic to leave the club amid talk of interest from Manchester United. Read more.
Andreas Pereira 'on brink of joining Lazio from Manchester United'
Manchester United attacker Andreas Pereira is on the verge of joining Lazio on a season-long loan, according to a report. Read more.