The Argentina international striker was reportedly one of the players heading for the exit at the Etihad Stadium earlier this summer following his feud with manager Roberto Mancini last season.
Tevez refused to warm up during City's Champions League clash at Bayern Munich in September and was absent from the team for the next six months.
However, the 28-year-old has re-established himself as one of the important players for Mancini and played a significant role in the Citizens' 3-2 victory over Chelsea in the Community Shield last weekend.
Tevez now says that he is physically in great shape and is raring to go in the Premier League this season.
"The pre-season games went very well," he said. "I was pleased with how I played and I am looking forward to the start of the Premier League and to start playing.
"For the first time in four or five years I have had a full month of pre-season training."
"All the problems are part of the past and the truth is that I am very happy now,
City will begin the defence of their Premier League title with a home game against Southampton on Sunday.