Ernesto Valverde has insisted that Barcelona "have every respect" for Atletico Madrid after the La Liga leaders were forced to deny making a fresh approach for the striker.
Barca distanced themselves from rumoured speculation which emerged in the Spanish press suggesting that an agreement has been struck to sign the France international.
Having been reported to FIFA last year for an alleged illegal approach in their pursuit of the 26-year-old, Valverde was keen to avoid any fresh controversy when questions regarding Griezmann's future popped up in his weekly presser.
"Griezmann plays for another club and we have every respect for the club he's at, which is at Atletico Madrid, where I'm sure he has a lot of things to say," he told reporters.
"We are in the middle of the market at the moment and you always live with lot of speculation. The club made a very clear statement. If you ask me if Griezmann is a good player, of course he is. But I've always said the players I like best are all my players."
Barcelona are eight points clear at the top of La Liga with a game in hand, away to Real Betis on Sunday evening, to play.