MX23RW : Tuesday, February 18 21:50:58| >> :600:1154575:1154575:

Judge dismisses latest bid to wind up Bury

Judge dismisses latest bid to wind up Bury
© Reuters
The club were expelled from the Football League in August.

A judge has dismissed another bid to wind up Bury Football Club.

Judge Sally Barber analysed the latest stage in Bury's case at an Insolvency and Companies Court hearing in London on Wednesday.

She had dismissed an earlier winding-up application in mid-December.

Both applications related to tax debts and were made by HM Revenue and Customs officials.

The latest winding-up application had been lodged shortly before Christmas and tax officials had said more than £50,000 was owed, Judge Barber heard.

She dismissed the application after a lawyer representing HM Revenue and Customs told her that all but around £2,500 had been paid.

Judge Barber had also dismissed the earlier winding-up petition after being told that money had been paid.

The amount owed during those earlier proceedings did not emerge at court hearings.

Bury, who were founded in 1885, won promotion to League One, English football's third tier, at the end of the 2018-19 season.

But English Football League officials expelled the club in August after bosses failed to show they could pay debts.

body check tags ::

Click here for more stories about Bury

Share this article now:
New Instagram promo
Street sign pointing to Gigg Lane, home of Bury
Read Next:
EFL chief concerned more clubs could drop out of league
>
Read more about Bury Off The Pitch

rhs 2.0

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!