Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Tuesday, January 12.
Tuesday morning's Formula 1 news roundup
Toto Wolff says he is "not worried" about rumours surrounding the future of new seven time world champion Lewis Hamilton.
The British driver's last contract expired at the end of 2020, meaning he is currently a free agent amid speculation Mercedes is balking at his demands for a new deal.
Rumours suggest the newly 36-year-old Hamilton wants a EUR 40 million salary for four years, an ultra-rare $3m AMG-One hypercar, and a 10 percent share in the team's title bonuses.
Mercedes last week called those reports "pure fiction", with Hamilton's father and former manager Anthony adding: "As far as I'm aware, he carries on racing."
However, team boss Wolff now admits he is ready for "all kinds of curveballs" in the forthcoming Hamilton negotiations.
He is also quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport: "We are not worried, nor do we want to fix an exact date.
"It is something that will be done and perhaps the signature will arrive shortly before the tests," added Wolff.
Imola is set to announce that it will once again return to Formula 1's covid-affected calendar.
When scheduled grands prix were cancelled or postponed in 2020, circuits including Imola, Portimao, Mugello and Istanbul were called up to fill the gaps.
Now, with Melbourne and Shanghai set to be postponed in 2021, Monaco likely to follow suit and the scheduled 25 April race date still vacant, it emerges that Formula 1 is once again putting together a 'plan B' calendar.
Italian republications including La Repubblica, La Gazzetta dello Sport and Ansa news agency all claim that Imola's participation on the new 2021 calendar will be confirmed on Tuesday morning.
The Italian circuit is tipped to host its 2021 race on 18 April, with the news to be announced by the president of the Emilia-Romagna region, Stefano Bonaccini, at 9.15am.
In other 2021 race news, Spanish GP venue Barcelona has confirmed that it has inked a race deal with Liberty Media for 2021. The Circuit de Catalunya is already provisionally scheduled to host the race on 9 May.
"We will continue to work to make the Montmelo track a permanent venue (in F1), because Formula 1 for us is not an expense, but an investment," said Catalunya's business minister Ramon Tremosa.
More news from Formula 1:
F1 season to start in Bahrain as Australian, Chinese GPs postponed
The traditional curtain-raiser at Melbourne's Albert Park will move to November. Read more.
Chinese Grand Prix faces postponement as F1 bosses revamp calendar
Two of the opening three rounds of the sport's record-breaking 23-round schedule are poised to fall by the wayside. Read more.