Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Tuesday, August 4.
Tuesday morning's Formula 1 news roundup:
Mattia Binotto says he is no longer Ferrari's technical director.
After the Maranello team's uncompetitive start to 2020, it was announced that Enrico Cardile would head a new Performance Development department, supported by famous former chief designer Rory Byrne.
The reshuffle left Binotto as team principal, but made no mention of whether he would continue to also serve as technical director.
"I'm no longer a technical director," the Italian revealed to German broadcaster RTL after Sunday's British GP. "I'm just Ferrari team boss."
Binotto also confirmed that Ferrari is actively recruiting, explaining: "We are looking for the right people."
It comes after Ferrari chairman John Elkann controversially said last week that the fabled team would not be able to win a single race until 2022.
"We are doing everything we can," Binotto answered when asked about that prediction, "and we are working hard to win a race before then."
"Our people have clear goals," Binotto said. "Let them do their work and then we'll see what happens."
As for any signs of rapid progress for Ferrari, he warned: "It's too early for updates. But when we get back to Maranello we will be working hard."
Binotto also said he feels comfortable about his future at the team.
"I have felt comfortable in this company for many years," he said. "We share the same vision and the same objectives and I thank Mr Camilleri and Mr Elkann for the support they give me.
"The team is cohesive, and while the current situation is not easy, we have to understand the mistakes and improve. The team is united and hungry to do better."
At Silverstone, the dominant six-time world champion went into the weekend explaining that he expects to keep racing in F1 for three more years.
But when asked about his 2021 Mercedes deal and his talks with team boss Wolff, Hamilton said after qualifying: "No, there's no discussion at all."
When asked about that, Wolff said on Sunday: "He said there were no discussions about his contract?
"That's because we trust each other," Speed Week quotes the Austrian as saying.
"We have had the same contract for seven years and have never had to pull it out. It's about the commercial conditions, and I'm not worried about that because up to now we have always been able to agree quickly.
"I have no concerns and I think we will sit down together soon," Wolff added.
More news from Formula 1:
Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes awaiting outcome of investigation into tyre puncture
Lewis Hamilton extended his championship lead to 30 points with edgy victory at Silverstone on Sunday. Read more.
Magnussen stops kneeling because of Black Lives Matter
Kevin Magnussen says he has joined those who refuse to kneel before Formula 1 races because he does not support the Black Lives Matter political movement. Read more.
Second race for Hulkenberg in Perez's seat 'likely'
Nico Hulkenberg is likely to get another chance this Sunday to take Racing Point's fast and controversial 'pink Mercedes' to the start line at Silverstone. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton relieved to escape high-speed accident at Silverstone
The six-time world champion took the chequered flag on three wheels for his seventh British Grand Prix win. Read more.
Climate change protesters arrested during British GP
Climate change protesters broke into the Silverstone circuit prior to the start of Sunday's British GP. Read more.
FIA to consider 'pink Mercedes' protest on Wednesday
F1's governing body will consider the legality of Racing Point's 'pink Mercedes' on Wednesday. Read more.
F1 doctor 'surprised' by low coronavirus infections
FIA doctor Professor Gerard Saillant says he is "surprised" that so few cases of coronavirus have been detected since the 2020 'corona calendar' kicked off last month. Read more.
Binotto denies Ferrari to test new parts on Wednesday
Mattia Binotto has denied that Ferrari will use a 'filming day' at Silverstone on Wednesday to try urgent car updates. Read more.