Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Monday, August 3.
Monday morning's Formula 1 news roundup:
Mattia Binotto says he is no longer Ferrari's technical director.
After the Maranello team's uncompetitive start to 2020, it was announced that Enrico Cardile would head a new Performance Development department, supported by famous former chief designer Rory Byrne.
The reshuffle left Binotto as team principal, but made no mention of whether he would continue to also serve as technical director.
"I'm no longer a technical director," the Italian revealed to German broadcaster RTL after Sunday's British GP. "I'm just Ferrari team boss."
Binotto also confirmed that Ferrari is actively recruiting, explaining: "We are looking for the right people."
It comes after Ferrari chairman John Elkann controversially said last week that the fabled team would not be able to win a single race until 2022.
"We are doing everything we can," Binotto answered when asked about that prediction, "and we are working hard to win a race before then."
"Our people have clear goals," Binotto said. "Let them do their work and then we'll see what happens."
As for any signs of rapid progress for Ferrari, he warned: "It's too early for updates. But when we get back to Maranello we will be working hard."
Binotto also said he feels comfortable about his future at the team.
"I have felt comfortable in this company for many years," he said. "We share the same vision and the same objectives and I thank Mr Camilleri and Mr Elkann for the support they give me.
"The team is cohesive, and while the current situation is not easy, we have to understand the mistakes and improve. The team is united and hungry to do better."
Pierre Gasly says he also asked Red Bull for a more experienced race engineer before he was dropped mid last year.
For Silverstone, Red Bull relegated Albon's existing race engineer to the factory, replacing him with the more experienced Simon Rennie, who won races in collaboration with Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo.
"Apparently Red Bull is doing that because they think it's the right thing to do," Gasly is quoted by the Dutch publication Formule 1 at Silverstone.
Gasly confirmed that, prior to his demotion to Toro Rosso-Alpha Tauri last year, he asked Red Bull for a more experienced engineer.
"To be honest, yes, I did," said the Frenchman.
"I had only been in Formula 1 for a year, so I had little experience. I knew I was fast, but I would have liked someone next to me who was more experienced. Someone who, unlike me, was not new to Formula 1.
"That made it more difficult for me," Gasly continued, "although there were more reasons why we weren't as competitive as we hoped.
"I know those reasons, and so does Red Bull. We both know that things could have been better, but that is now a thing of the past," he added.
Gasly insists that he is happy with his current seat, and therefore does not envy the under-pressure Albon.
"As a driver, I am probably more satisfied with where I am now, because I am able to get the best out of myself. But I am not a different person," he said.
As for Albon, he concluded: "I don't know why Alex is struggling, but in four races, I was ahead of him twice in a slower car."
More news from Formula 1:
Result: Lewis Hamilton holds on to secure seventh British Grand Prix win
The world champion had looked on course for a straightforward triumph until the final lap. Read more.
Vettel would be a 'huge coup' for Aston Martin - Wolff
F1 legend Gerhard Berger says he would "totally understand" if Sebastian Vettel signs up with Racing Point for 2021. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton pleased with 'unified' anti-racism message at Silverstone
The drivers contributed to a video shown before the race. Read more.
Mercedes helped Racing Point design 2020 car - Prost
F1 legend Alain Prost says he does not believe Racing Point's explanation about how the Silverstone based team designed its 2020 'pink Mercedes'. Read more.
F1 tweaks track schedule for 'take a knee' moment
Drivers have been allocated ten extra minutes so as to better organise their 'take a knee' moment against racism before Sunday's Silverstone race. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton opens up on dramatic British Grand Prix win
The world champion looked to be en route to a straightforward victory until the final-lap drama. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton takes a knee ahead of British Grand Prix
As in previous weeks, some drivers remained standing while others took the knee. Read more.
A look at Lewis Hamilton's seven British Grand Prix wins
The reigning world champion emerged victorious once again at Silverstone on Sunday. Read more.
Magnussen stops kneeling because of Black Lives Matter
Kevin Magnussen says he has joined those who refuse to kneel before Formula 1 races because he does not support the Black Lives Matter political movement. Read more.
Second race for Hulkenberg in Perez's seat 'likely'
Nico Hulkenberg is likely to get another chance this Sunday to take Racing Point's fast and controversial 'pink Mercedes' to the start line at Silverstone. Read more.
Climate change protesters arrested during British GP
Climate change protesters broke into the Silverstone circuit prior to the start of Sunday's British GP. Read more.
Lack of competition 'not Mercedes' fault' - Ricciardo
Toto Wolff admits Mercedes is "not making friends" by utterly dominating Formula 1 in 2020. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton relieved to escape high-speed accident at Silverstone
The six-time world champion took the chequered flag on three wheels for his seventh British Grand Prix win. Read more.
FIA to consider 'pink Mercedes' protest on Wednesday
F1's governing body will consider the legality of Racing Point's 'pink Mercedes' on Wednesday. Read more.
Four arrested after environmental protest at British Grand Prix
The climate action group displayed a banner at Silverstone ahead of Sunday's race. Read more.