MX23RW : Wednesday, August 10 17:24:34| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee United
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Dec 30, 2020 at 3pm UK at Celtic Park
Celtic
3 - 0
Dundee Utd
Soro (23'), Turnbull (40'), Edouard (76')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Pawlett (38'), Smith (56')
The Match
Match Report
Ismaila Soro, David Turnbull and Odsonne Edouard were on target for Neil Lennon's side.
Team News
The French defender missed the 3-0 win over Hamilton on Boxing Day with a slight knee injury.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between Celtic and Dundee United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 71.8%. A draw had a probability of 17% and a win for Dundee United had a probability of 11.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.59%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.81%) and 2-1 (9.49%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.03%), while for a Dundee United win it was 0-1 (3.4%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 9.1% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Celtic would win this match.

Result
CelticDrawDundee United
71.8%17%11.2%
Both teams to score 50.63%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.63%38.37%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
39.34%60.66%
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.59%9.41%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.36%31.64%
Dundee United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.89%44.11%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.78%80.21%
Score Analysis
    Celtic 71.79%
    Dundee United 11.2%
    Draw 17%
CelticDrawDundee United
2-0 @ 11.59%
1-0 @ 9.81%
2-1 @ 9.49%
3-0 @ 9.14%
3-1 @ 7.48%
4-0 @ 5.4%
4-1 @ 4.42%
3-2 @ 3.06%
5-0 @ 2.55%
5-1 @ 2.09%
4-2 @ 1.81%
6-0 @ 1.01%
Other @ 3.96%
Total : 71.79%
1-1 @ 8.03%
0-0 @ 4.15%
2-2 @ 3.88%
Other @ 0.94%
Total : 17%
0-1 @ 3.4%
1-2 @ 3.29%
0-2 @ 1.39%
2-3 @ 1.06%
Other @ 2.07%
Total : 11.2%

How you voted: Celtic vs Dundee Utd

Celtic
77.8%
Draw
14.8%
Dundee United
7.4%
54
Head to Head
Aug 22, 2020 5.30pm
Dundee Utd
0-1
Celtic

Butcher (80'), Freeman (90+3')
Ajeti (83')
McGregor (26'), Brown (83')
Jan 15, 2016 7.45pm
Dundee Utd
1-4
Celtic
Murray (31')
Gunning (47')
Griffiths (21', 48'), Simunovic (27'), Commons (56')
Griffiths (22')
Oct 25, 2015 3pm
Celtic
5-0
Dundee Utd
Griffiths (23'), Boyata (40'), Commons (45' pen., 53'), Kuhl (89' og.)
Simunovic (73')

Fraser (45')
Apr 26, 2015 12.30pm
Dundee Utd
0-3
Celtic

Rankin (83')
Griffiths (47', 65', 84')
Brown (31')
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Celtic22005146
2RangersRangers22004136
3Hearts21103214
4Hibernian21102114
5Aberdeen21014313
6Livingston21012203
7Motherwell21012203
8St Johnstone21012203
9Dundee UnitedDundee Utd201112-11
10Kilmarnock201113-21
11Ross County200225-30
12St Mirren200215-40

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!