The buildup to the summer transfer window has now begun, with rumours and speculation continuing to swirl as Barcelona eye possible reinforcements.
The Spanish champions spent big on Antoine Griezmann during the summer but missed out on a big-name striker in January, leading to speculation that they could splash the cash again when the window reopens.
Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest transfer news from the Camp Nou.
Tuesday morning's Barcelona transfer talk news roundup:
While Barcelona have been constantly linked with the Argentina international, the coronavirus pandemic contributed to the Catalan giants being unable to afford Martinez's previous release clause, said to be in the region of £95m.
With that option having expired earlier this month, Bartomeu has acknowledged that discussions for the 22-year-old are currently inactive.
Speaking to TV3's Onze programme, Bartomeu said: "In the case of Lautaro, the negotiation is stopped right now, we spoke with Inter a few weeks ago. We are in a phase of analysis."
A recent report has claimed that Barcelona are willing to offer two players plus cash in order to sign the player, who still has three years left on his Inter contract.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is convinced Lionel Messi has a long future with the Catalan club.
The six-time Ballon d'Or winner has spent his entire senior career with Barca and Bartomeu is confident he will remain at the Nou Camp, despite speculation the 33-year-old could leave when his current deal expires next year.
"With Messi we talk, we have talked and we will talk," Bartomeu told TV3, according to the club's official website.
"He is the best player in football history, he has years of football ahead and he is in top form.
"I have no doubt that he will continue at Barca, his future is here in football and after football."
More transfer news from Barcelona:
Antonio Conte 'wants to bring N'Golo Kante to Inter Milan'
Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte wants to bring Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante to San Siro, according to a report. Read more.
Tottenham Hotspur 'have no plans to sell Ryan Sessegnon amid Barcelona interest'
Tottenham Hotspur reportedly have no intention of selling Ryan Sessegnon, despite alleged interest from Barcelona. Read more.
Barcelona 'need to sell one more player before sealing Lautaro Martinez deal'
Barcelona reportedly need to sell one more player before they are able to make an official approach for Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez. Read more.