The Spaniard guided the Magpies back to the Premier League at the first time of asking and, despite spending heavily in the Championship, came out with a cash surplus of £30m due to player sales.
Newcastle also received estimated parachute payments of almost £41m last term and are now in line for even more funds now that they are back in the top flight.
So far this summer the club have brought in just four players and have a net spend of less than £14m, despite Benitez previously claiming that owner Mike Ashley had pledged to back him with "every penny".
Recent reports have suggested that Benitez is now contemplating his future as a result of the transfer policy, but speaking to the media today he vowed to "do [his] best" with his current squad.
"I said how I have felt during the summer, but at the same time, my commitment is 100% with this club," he said.
"My ambition is to do well every single game. I'm not saying I'm pleased with everything, because that's not true. But I am not saying I will not do my best in every game.
"I think we can bring some players in and we may have to move some out."
Newcastle's first fixture back in the Premier League is a home tie with last season's runners-up, Tottenham Hotspur, on Sunday afternoon.