Oct 29, 2013 at 7.45pm UK at ​King Power Stadium
LeicesterLeicester City
Morgan (40'), Wood (45'), Miquel (51'), Dyer (89')
Morgan (78'), Vardy (90')
FT(HT: 2-1)
Rodallega (18', 52'), Karagounis (87')
Boateng (38'), Senderos (73'), Karagounis (75'), Zverotic (87')

Result: Leicester City edge thriller with Fulham

Leicester beat Fulham 4-3 in the League Cup in a thrilling game at the King Power Stadium.

Leicester City have beaten Fulham 4-3 in the League Cup at the King Power Stadium this evening.

Lloyd Dyer's late goal gave his side the win, after Giorgios Karagounis's 88th-minute equaliser looked to have taken the game to extra time.

Earlier in the game Hugo Rodallega opened the scoring, although Leicester hit back with a goal from Wes Morgan before they went ahead through Chris Wood.

Colombian striker Rodallega found the bottom corner after 18 minutes with a right-footed effort after good work from Karagounis found Jon Arne Riise, who crossed for his teammate to tap in.

The home side nearly got themselves back into it just before the half-hour mark when former Cottagers defender Paul Konchesky drilled a long-range effort just over Maarten Stekelenburg's crossbar.

Wes Morgan of Leicester City is mobbed by team mates after scoring his goal during the Capital One Cup fourth round match against Fulham on October 29, 2013© Getty Images

With five minutes of the half remaining, Morgan pounced inside the area to level things up for the Championship side after Stekelenburg could only parry Anthony Knockaert's free kick.

The Foxes then took the lead on the stroke of half time when Wood benefited from a fortunate bounce to slide the ball home after some slack defending from Fulham when trying to clear their lines.

Ignasi Miquel extended the lead for his side 10 minutes after the restart when he connected with Danny Drinkwater's cross with a header.

However, their two goal lead was immediately reduced when Rodallega's header gave him his second goal of the evening two minutes later.

Karagounis looked to have taken the game to an extra 30 minutes after a powerful freekick after 87 minutes, but Dyer pounced even later to give his side the victory, and send them through to Wednesday night's draw.

Wes Morgan of Leicester City is mobbed by team mates after scoring his goal during the Capital One Cup fourth round match against Fulham on October 29, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Late strikes put Leicester ahead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Premier League
League One
League Two
National League
Scottish Premiership
Scottish Championship
Scottish League One
Scottish League Two
La Liga
Serie A
Ligue 1
Segunda Division
Serie B
Ligue 2
Belgian Pro League
Greek Superleague
Primeira Liga
Russian Premier League
Turkish Super Lig
Major League Soccer
1Leeds UnitedLeeds96211641220
2Cardiff CityCardiff9621137620
3Wolverhampton WanderersWolves9531138518
4Preston North EndPreston944193616
6Ipswich TownIpswich85031310315
7Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd850386215
8Bristol City93511510514
9Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds8341107313
10Queens Park RangersQPR93331212012
11Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest84041113-212
12Norwich CityNorwich9333812-412
14Hull City93241515011
15Derby CountyDerby83231111011
17Aston Villa8242109110
18Burton Albion9234615-99
23Birmingham CityBirmingham9126412-85
24Bolton WanderersBolton9027417-132