Aug 16, 2014 at 3pm UK at ​King Power Stadium
LeicesterLeicester City
Ulloa (22'), Wood (86')
Moore (71')
FT(HT: 1-2)
McGeady (20'), Naismith (45')
Barry (68')

Result: Late Chris Wood goal earns Leicester City draw with Everton

Chris Wood scores late on to earn Leicester City a 2-2 draw with Everton on the opening day of the Premier League season.

Chris Wood scored inside the final five minutes to earn Leicester City a 2-2 draw with Everton in their first match back in the Premier League this afternoon.

Leonardo Ulloa of Leicester City celebrates scoring his goal with team mates during the Barclays Premier League match between Leicester City and Everton at the King Power Stadium on August 16, 2014© Getty Images

Everton made the brighter start to the match, and took the lead when Aiden McGeady picked out the top corner with a curling effort to score his first goal for the club.

However, their lead lasted just two minutes, when, after forcing a corner straight from the restart, Leicester equalised through a header for debutant Leonardo Ulloa.

It looked like the sides would be heading into the break level, but Steven Pienaar found Steven Naismith just before the break, setting up the latter for a shot which went in off the underside of the bar.

Leicester made a bright start after the break as they pushed for an equaliser, but they struggled to convert their possession into shots on goal.

Jeffrey Schlupp came off the bench to give the newly-promoted side some fresh legs up front, and he had a golden chance just moments after being introduced, but sliced his strike high into the stands.

Leicester continued to push for a goal, and managed to get back on level terms inside the final five minutes when Wood, who had been on the pitch less than 10 minutes, when tapped in at the near post.

Everton piled forward in the final moments as they tried to force a winner in stoppage time, but Romelu Lukaku fired the ball over with their last chance, ensuring that the scores finished level.

Everton's Irish midfielder Aiden McGeady celebrates scoring the opening goal of the English Premier League football match between Leicester City and Everton at King Power Stadium in Leicester, central England on August 16, 2014
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Naismith puts Everton ahead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole