Brazil to omit Ronaldinho, Ramires from World Cup squad?

Chelsea's Nascimento Ramires celebrates after scoring his side's first goal in their match with Wigan on February 9, 2013
© AP Photos
Brazil's Ronaldinho and Ramires look likely to miss next year's World Cup for disciplinary reasons.

Chelsea midfielder Ramires and former Barcelona attacker Ronaldinho have both been heavily criticised by the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation.

The pair were left out of the Confederations Cup earlier this summer as the hosts went on to claim the trophy.

Having been disappointed with the way that the duo reacted to their omissions, Jose Maria Marin has insisted that they won't be considered for selection again, which has all but ended their chances of playing at next year's World Cup.

"Ramires and Ronaldinho have acted in a shameful way towards us, there's no way we call that kind of players again," Marin told reporters.

"Ramires's wife is an epic person. She said that Selecao is like a mafia only because her husband was dropped out. Ramires's wife made it look as if Brazil will lose because he wasn't called up, and we won the Confederations Cup.

"Ronaldinho? We organised a dinner for the team and it was in his city, yet he arrived late. Unacceptable. Dinner was in Ronaldinho's city so it's like we were the guests. Can you imagine the guests arriving before the host?"

Next year's event will get underway on Thursday, June 12.

Chelsea's David Luiz takes a penalty on December 5, 2012
Read Next:
Top 5 best Brazilians in Premier League history
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables