Oscar Pistorius loses all sponsorship deals following conviction

Pistorius loses all sponsorship deals
© Getty Images
Oscar Pistorius's former agent Peet van Zyl tells the High Court that the Paralympic champion has had all of his sponsorship contracts cancelled.

Oscar Pistorius's former agent Peet van Zyl has told the High Court in Pretoria, South Africa that the Paralympic champion has lost all of his sponsorship deals.

The double amputee used to be the face of Paralympic sport, but has had all of his contracts cancelled after he was found guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter).

Pistorius was cleared of murder, but has been convicted of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, whom he shot dead through a toilet door at his home in the early hours of Valentine's Day last year.

Van Zyl told the court that the athlete no longer has sponsorship and has not approached his former agent to resume the working relationship.

Pistorius's defence have called for Judge Thokozile Masipa to sentence the Paralympian to home arrest for three years.

Oscar Pistorius appearing at the Magistrate Court in Pretoria on February 22, 2013
Read Next:
Pistorius due in court for sentencing
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole


LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand