7. 33pmTonight’s game is the first time Tahiti have played Uruguay and victory for Oscar Tabarez’s side will send them through to the semi-finals regardless of the outcome of Spain’s clash against Nigeria.
7. 34pmThe two teams starting lineups are as follows:
7. 37pmTAHITI STARTING XI: Meriel; Vahirua, Ludivion, Caroine, Vallar; Chong Hue, L. Tehau, Aitamai, J. Tehau; Simon, Hnanyine.
7. 39Tabarez has rung the changes for tonight’s match, naming an entirely different team to that one started against Nigeria.
7. 41pmMeanwhile Tahiti boss Eddy Etaeta has made three alterations to his team with Mickael Roche, Heimano Bourbebare and Edson Lemaire having to settle for a place on the bench.
7. 43pmDisappointingly for the neutral, the notable absentees for the Uruguayans include the attacking trio of Luis Suarez, Diego Forlan and Edinson Cavani.
7. 45pmCavani will probably be the most unhappy about missing out after enduring a largely sub-par tournament so far. The reported Real Madrid target scored 29 goals in Serie A for Napoli last season, and will not have had a better chance to get off the mark than tonight.
7. 47pmDespite Uruguay being geographically closer to Brazil, it is safe to assume that the Tahitians will enjoy the backing of the Brazilian fans, who have been quick to cheer them all the way throughout the tournament so far.
7. 49pmA series of riots in Brazil over the amount of public money spent on next year’s World Cup have perhaps marred this competition somewhat, but on the pitch, the football has been enjoyable.
7. 51pmJapan and Italy played out a thrilling 3-4 on Wednesday night, while hosts Brazil have entertained with wins in all three of their group games.
7. 53pmSpain set a new Confederations Cup record with their 10-0 win over Tahiti and the Uruguayans will perhaps be looking to run up a similar score this evening.
7. 55pmUruguay have scored three goals in the competition so far with strikes coming from Suarez, Forlan and veteran defender Diego Lugano. All three players are absent from the starting XI tonight and Lugano will play no part at all, as he is serving a suspension.
7. 57pmThe Tahitians have conceded 16 goals in their two games so far, but already have something of a moral victory after scoring in the 6-1 defeat to Nigeria in their opening game.
7. 59pmTahiti coach Eddy Etaeta has only one professional in his ranks in the shape of Marama Varihua and it was the Nancy forward himself who said that the team were just looking to mark their appearance at the tournament with a goal, last week.
7. 59pmWe're almost ready for the kick off in Recife.
0 minKICK OFF: We’re underway here in Recife, as Uruguay get the game up and running.
1 minThe Palermo striker nods home from close range with less than two minutes on the clock.
3 minAn early goal was perhaps expected, but Hernandez stole in from a flick on to give his side the lead two minutes in. Tabarez's side are now knocking the ball about confidently.
5 minThe Tahitians look decent enough in possession, but look like conceding whenever Uruguay get within 30 yards of their goal. Expect to see goals this evening!
8 minYELLO CARD: Ludivion goes in the book after pulling down Lodeiro as he bore down on goal.
9 minThe resulting freekick was hammered straight at the Tahiti wall and was perhaps wasted by Lodeiro.
11 minThe Brazilian fans are really getting behind the Tahitians and are roaring them forward at every opportunity.
13 minTahiti were guilty of playing far too high a line against Spain and they don't appear to have learned their lesson so far. Hernandez playing on the shoulder of the last defender could prove to be fruitful this evening.
14 minElsewhere in the group, Spain are leading Nigeria 1-0. If the scores stay the same Uruguay will join Spain in the semi-finals.
16 minTahiti are growing in stature and are knocking it about nicely in midfield, a ball is played out wide and it breaks down when Vahirua takes a poor touch out wide.
18 minAnother ball over the top sends Hernandez scampering away but the ball is too long and it goes straight to the arms of the goalkeeper.
19 minUruguay are on the attack again and a good cross comes in from Aguirregaray, but Eguren's header is comfortably held.
21 minA delightful one-two is played between Eguren and Lodeiro with keeper committed, and the cross finds Hernandez, but his backheel is gathered before it can cross the line.
23 minAnother long ball over the top sees Hernandez go through, he flicks it above the defender inside the box before slotting it home left-footed as it comes down. A fantastic finish from the Palermo forward.
26 minAnother long ball beats the high line and Perez heads it onto the post before following up the rebound with a tap-in
28 minUruguay have a freekick on a dangerous position, 20 yards from goal.
29 minThe freekick strikes the wall and is eventually cleared. Perez fouls Vahirua to give the Tahitians some much-needed relief.
31 minTahiti have really struggled to even break out of their own half and it is only a matter of time before the South Americans claim their fourth, surely.
33 minFirst chance of any note for Tahiti and it is inevitably created by Varihua. His shot hits a defender before he latches on to the rebound and strikes a tame left-footed shot at Silva's goal.
36 minUruguay are now playing a series of raking long range passes, that are catching the eye.
37 minChong Hue dances inside from wide left and feeds Vahirua but his long range attempt is too high to trouble Silva.
40 minChong Hue nearly lights up the entire competition with a great run. He takes it past two defenders before knocking it past the keeper, but he takes it too wide and his shot hits the side netting. A real shame.
41 minChong Hue again! Another direct run at the defence draws a foul and wins a freekick 30 yards out for his team.
42 minThe freekick comes in but disappointingly strikes the wall.
8. 49pmSo Uruguay are meeting expectations at the break with Hernandez making the most of his start with a first half hat-trick.
8. 50pmElsewhere, it's been a busy evening in the football world, with the announcement of Gus Poyet's sacking at Brighton & Hove Albion as well as Liverpool officially announcing the signing of Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo.
8. 52pmBack to this game and Tahiti have now shipped 20 goals in two and a half games in the Confederations Cup, and with the way the first period went, who would bet against Uruguay doubling their tally in the second half?
8. 54pnWalter Gargano has been a joy to watch in midfield, slicing the Tahiti defence open time and again with piercing through passes. His assist for Hernandez's third was particularly sublime.
8. 57pmElsewhere, Spain are leading Nigeria 1-0, with Barcelona defender Jordi Alba getting his first strike of tournament. It is currently half time in that game.
9pmYou have to think the trio of Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Forlan are itching to get on fill their boots here this evening.
9. 02pmSuarez and Forlan have their own personal duel with the two players numbers one and two in the Uruguayan all-time scoring charts. Suarez has 33 to Forlan's 34.
9. 02pmWe're just about ready to restart in Recife.
9. 02pmKICK OFF: Tahiti get the second half underway.
46 minChong Hue gets the fans off their seats with a bit of flamboyance out wide. The winger threatens to kick it but deliberately misses the ball.
66 minHernandez grabs his fourth with a confident penalty to the keeper's right hand side.
67 minSUBSTITUTION: Luis Suarez replaces Gaston Ramirez. The Southampton winger had a fairly quiet game out there.
68 minJust what the Tahitians wanted, Suarez summoned from the bench with their side down by six.
72 minCaroine hits one from distance which sails well wide, but the Tahitian is still smiling despite the result.
73 minChong Hue's direct threat once again comes to the fore but his shot is again tame after cutting inside from the left.
75 minDespite the six goals, the Uruguayans look like they want more and are still attacking with gusto.
76 minA pocket of space opens up for Lodeiro but his shot arches well wide of the goal from around 22 yards.
77 minSuarez jinks past a challenge and the ball eventually comes out to Alvaro Pereira on the left hand side, but his well-driven low cross evades everyone.
79 minCHANCE! Hernandez somehow manages to miss a sitter for his fifth. The ball was put on a plate by Suarez but the striker's stabbed attempt ended up in Meriel's arms as the keeper was on the floor.
9. 56pmIn the end Uruguay did perhaps what many expected them to do and ruthlessly put Tahiti to the sword.
9. 57pmThe Tahitians were the crowd favourites and every attack and half chance was loudly cheered on, but there is a reason they are ranked 138th in world football, and Uruguay were professional in their display.
9. 59pmThat's just about all from Sport Mole's coverage this evening. Thank you for your time, goodnight.