Judge to hear lawsuit into cost of Barcelona's Neymar capture

Neymar of FC Barcelona reacts during the La Liga match between Athletic Club and FC Barcelona at San Mames Stadium on December 1, 2013
© Getty Images
A Spanish judge agrees to hear a lawsuit against Barcelona president Sandro Rosell regarding the cost of the club's capture of Neymar from Santos last summer.

A Spanish judge has agreed to hear a lawsuit against Barcelona president Sandro Rosell regarding the transfer of Brazilian star Neymar.

Club member Jordi Cases is said to have called for the lawsuit to be heard following accusations that the £50m paid by Barcelona to Santos for Neymar was in fact a lot more.

Judge Pablo Ruz said after a preliminary examination of the contracts that there was "sufficient elements for the admission of the lawsuit", according to the Associated Press.

Rosell defended the transfer earlier this week by stating that the original fee that was paid last June was correct.

A general view of the Nou Camp home of FC Barcelona on April 27, 2009
Read Next:
Barca announce plans for new Camp Nou
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole