Rory McIlroy "pleased" with second round

Rory McIlroy tees off during the final round of the World Tour Championship in Dubai on November 25, 2012
© PA Photos
Rory McIlroy is "pleased" after shooting his first under-par round of 2013 at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.

Rory McIlroy has said that he is happy with his second-round 69 at the WGC-Cadillac Championship in Miami.

It is the first time that the Northern Irishman has shot under par in 2013, leaving him on two-under for the tournament.

The world number one has struggled with his game of late, culminating in his withdrawal from last week's Honda Classic midway through his second round.

However, McIlroy said that he saw signs of improvement in his swing today, but believes there is still work to be done.

"I had a really good range session [on Thursday night] and felt like I hit the ball quite a lot better," McIlroy told reporters. "Definitely not the way I know I can hit it, but it was better.

"You go through these periods in golf where you just have a tough time and things don't click right away.

"It's understandable, it would be great if it wasn't like that, and it would make the game a lot easier. I'm pleased with today."

Tiger Woods leads by two shots at Doral.

Tiger Woods watches his ball after teeing off at the sixth hole on November 29, 2012
Read Next:
Woods shares lead at Cadillac Championship
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole