Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel records the fastest time in second practice ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix.
Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel has recorded the fastest time during the second practice session ahead of Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.
Vettel, who is closing in on his fourth world title, edged out teammate Mark Webber into second, while Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was third.
Lotus Renault duo Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean were fourth and fifth respectively, with Lewis Hamilton a place further adrift.
Jenson Button finished in ninth position for McLaren, with Ferrari pair Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso ending the session either side of the British driver in eighth and 10th place respectively.
1. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2. Mark Webber (Red Bull)
3. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus Renault)
5. Romain Grosjean (Lotus Renault)
6. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
7. Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso)
8. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
9. Jenson Button (McLaren)
10. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
11. Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
12. Jean-Eric Vergne (Toro Rosso)
13. Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber)
14. Paul di Resta (Force India)
15. Adrian Sutil (Force India)
16. Sergio Perez (McLaren)
17. Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
18. Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
19. Charles Pic (Caterham)
20. Giemo van der Garde (Caterham)
21. Max Chilton (Marussia)
Result: Hamilton goes fastest in Japan first practice >