India's motor sports chief has stated that the country's Grand Prix track will be ready for its Formula One debut in October.
There had been fears that the Buddh International Circuit would not be ready for its inaugural Grand Prix on October 30 after the FIA delayed its inspection of the 3.2 mile track by a month to September 1.
Vicky Chandhok, president of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India, has moved to allay fears and said that the delay was for "logistical" reasons.
"Track advisor Charlie Whiting, who has been here three or four times, asked us 'doesn't it make logical sense for me to combine it with Korea?'" Chandhok told Reuters.
"He is visiting Korea at the end of this month. On his way back he is flying over Delhi. So he will stop over at Delhi as it will make logical sense for the FIA.
"We said we are fine with it. It's purely procedural and a matter of convenience for the date of inspection. Nothing else."
Meanwhile, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has suggested that the Indian Grand Prix be held in April during the 2012 season.