Sergio Perez: Jenson Button clash was "too much"

Sergio Perez
© PA Photos
Sergio Perez says that his collision with Jenson Button was "too much" during the Bahrain Grand Prix.

McLaren racer Sergio Perez has admitted that his collision with teammate Jenson Button during the Bahrain Grand Prix was "too much".

The Mexican's car made contact with the Brit's on several occasion, which left Perez with a damaged front wing after driving into the back of Button.

Despite having previously been told to toughen up on the race track, Perez feels that he went too far following the incident.

"You have to listen to the boss!" Perez told Sky Sports News. "It was perhaps a bit too much between myself and Jenson.

"Generally it was too much. We touched and I lost a front end-plate and some downforce and it was lucky I didn't puncture his tyre."

Perez went on to record a sixth-placed finish.

McLaren Mercedes driver Jenson Button prior to the start of the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix on April 21, 2013
Read Next:
Button: 'Perez was too aggressive'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole