Oct 1, 2012 at 8pm UK at ​Loftus Road
QPRQueens Park Rangers
West HamWest Ham United
Taarabt (57')
Taarabt (58'), Diakité (59')
Diakité (75')
FT(HT: 0-2)
Jarvis (3'), Vaz Te (35')
Diame (39'), Noble (45'), McCartney (63'), Jaaskelainen (67'), Nolan (69'), Cole (69'), Collins (78'), Tomkins (90')

Result: Queens Park Rangers 1-2 West Ham United

Ricardo Vaz Te
© PA Photos
West Ham record a 2-1 victory over 10-man Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road, leaving the hosts without a win in their first six Premier League outings.

West Ham United resisted a second-half Queens Park Rangers fightback to claim a 2-1 victory at Loftus Road tonight and leave their big-spending opponents still winless after six Premier League games.

Close-range goals from Matt Jarvis and Ricardo Vaz Te had earned Sam Allardyce's side a two-goal cushion at the break, but Hoops substitute Adel Taarabt gave the hosts hope with a wonderful 25-yard strike.

However, a potential Rangers comeback was stalled when another second-half replacement, Samba Diakite, was sent off for two bookable offences.

Jarvis's first Hammers goal since arriving from Wolverhampton Wanderers in the summer gave them a third-minute advantage.

The England international headed in across Hoops stopper Julio Cesar after Kevin Nolan's miscued shot had looped towards the back post.

West Ham defenders Joey O'Brien and Winston Reid were both forced off injured before Vaz Te calmed Allardyce's concerns with a well-taken second.

The Portuguese forward ended his six-year wait for a Premier League goal with a tidy outside-of-the-foot finish from Mark Noble's cross.

Djibril Cisse twice tested Jussi Jaaskelainen before Taarabt reduced the deficit with a superb individual effort, which came just a minute after his introduction.

The talented Moroccan skipped inside before evading two West Ham challenges and bending a shot into the top corner past a motionless Jaakelainen.

Diakite was also soon into the thick of the action, being cautioned for a challenge on Vaz Te before seeing yellow again for a lunge on Guy Demel.

His dismissal, which came just 20 minutes after he came on, hampered Rangers, who had previously threatened a comeback through Cisse and Esteban Granero, but both were denied by fine Jaaskelainen saves.

The Finn continued to excel in the latter stages as West Ham hung on for their first away win of the season, leaving QPR without a win on the road or at home as the pressure mounts on manager Mark Hughes.

Matt Jarvis
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: QPR 0-2 West Ham
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole