Aug 19, 2014 at 7.45pm UK at ​Banks's Stadium
YeovilYeovil Town
Bradshaw (72')
Kinsella (55'), Grimes (60')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Hayter (56'), Dawson (73')
Sokolik (65'), Smith (78'), Foley (86'), Nugent (95')

Result: Yeovil Town register first points of season with win at Walsall

Manager Gary Johnson of Yeovil watches on during the Sky Bet Championship match between Burnley and Yeovil Town at Turf Moor on August 17, 2013
© Getty Images
Yeovil Town pick up their first win of the season with a 2-1 victory at Walsall.

Yeovil Town picked up their first points of the season with a 2-1 triumph away at Walsall this evening.

The first half saw very little in the way of goalmouth action, although Paul Downing had the chance to put the home side ahead in the sixth minute, but he headed wide at the far post when unmarked.

Then it was the visitors who threatened as James Hayter raced onto a through-ball, but he snatched at the effort and dragged it wide of the far post.

The match then entered a lull, with neither side able to create a chance until the 33rd minute. With the ball dropping from the sky, Walsall's Ashley Grimes steadied himself before firing a powerful volley goalbound, but Chris Weale held onto the strike.

Andy Taylor sent a free kick inches wide of the post before Romaine Sawyers missed a golden one-on-one opportunity in the minutes preceding half time, and the duo were made to pay for their misses after 56 minutes, when Hayter headed home from Kevin Dawson's cross.

However, Walsall were level in the 69th minute through Tom Bradshaw, who forced the ball over the line from a corner.

Unperturbed, Yeovil went straight down the other end and put themselves ahead once more just 60 seconds later as Dawson pounced inside the area to net.

The away side had to survive six tense minutes of added time before they could celebrate their first win of the season, but it has taken them up to 19th in the League One table.

A general view of the Banks's Stadium during the pre season friendly match between Walsall and West Bromwich Albion at the Banks's Stadium on August 7, 2012
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Yeovil still searching for first goal
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole