RB Leipzig have reportedly put pressure on Timo Werner to reach a decision regarding his future this summer as the striker continues to stall over signing a new contract.
Werner has had a contract offer on the table from Leipzig since January but is prepared to let his current deal expire and leave for free next June.
The Bundesliga side have previously threatened to place Werner in the reserves next term should the 22-year-old fail to reach a decision.
CEO Oliver Mintzlaff told The Mirror on Friday that Leipzig could no longer wait and wanted a definitive answer from Werner immediately.
"We do not want to set an ultimatum, but eventually we need a decision," he said.
"It is desirable that we have a solution before the league starts. We can and want to meet this timing.
"We are in constructive and good talks, which will lead to a result. We have submitted a contract offer to Timo and his consultant, we stand by that and we do not have to improve it."
Should Werner refuse to budge, Leipzig are expected to make a concerted attempt to offload the Germany international before the Bundesliga season kicks off on August 18.
Werner is understood to be keen on a move to Bayern Munich, but the champions are reportedly placing emphasis on securing wide attacking players this summer.body check tags ::