Harry Redknapp "serious" about Queens Park Rangers stay

QPR manager Harry Redknapp prior to his side's match with Sunderland on March 9, 2013
© PA Photos
Harry Redknapp says that he is "serious" about managing Queens Park Rangers in the Championship.

Harry Redknapp has insisted that he is ready to manage Queens Park Rangers in the Championship next season.

Reports had hinted that the veteran boss would leave Loftus Road after their relegation from the Premier League was confirmed yesterday afternoon.

However, owner Tony Fernandes revealed earlier today that Redknapp had agreed to remain in charge of the club - something that the 66-year-old has now backed up.

"Of course I'm serious. No-one is more serious about their football than I am. I signed a contract here and it has not entered my mind [to leave]," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

The news of Redknapp's stay broke after he had held a meeting with Fernandes. Speaking about those discussions, Redknapp revealed that plans are already underway about the shaping of the playing squad.

"It was all positive. We've got to get prepared for a year in the Championship - a tough year. It's a very tough division - there's some big, big clubs in there who want to be in the Premier League," he added.

"You couldn't work for people who back you more than the people at this club. We've got a lot of players here and we've got to decide who we want to keep and who we want to move on. There's some good players here that we really want to keep.

"It's been hard work but we weren't good enough. We were short in certain areas. We're going to finish in the bottom two - that's where we deserve to be and that is how good the team was."

Redknapp was appointed to the QPR helm in November last year.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp in the dugout during the match against Wigan against Fulham on April 7, 2013
Read Next:
QPR confirm Redknapp stay
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand