Mar 16, 2013 at 3pm UK at ​The KCOM Stadium
Hull City
Nott'm ForestNottingham Forest
Boyd (45')
Gedo (40'), Brady (90')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Henderson (55'), McGugan (84')
Jara (35'), Henderson (71'), Lansbury (74'), Cohen (75'), Darlow (90')

Result: Nottingham Forest comeback denies Hull City

Darius Henderson and Lewis McGugan's goals earn Nottingham Forest a win at Hull City.

Nottingham Forest continued their fine away form under Billy Davies by fighting back to earn all three points at Hull City this afternoon, winning their Championship clash 2-1.

Forest forward Darius Henderson celebrates a goal against Hull City on March 16, 2013© PA Photos

Both sides set the pattern for an attacking match early on as Robbie Brady drifted an early free kick just wide, before Simon Cox headed straight to David Stockdale with the goal at his mercy.

Andy Reid curled over from 25 yards soon after, before Hull created a gilt-edged opportunity from close range.

Robert Koren's free kick was pushed clear by Karl Darlow but only as far George Boyd, who knew nothing about it as the ball bounced off his head and over the crossbar.

Adlene Guedioura was next to test Stockdale from distance before Darlow kept out Gedo's header at the other end.

In first-half stoppage time Boyd made no mistake from close range to give Hull the lead against the club for whom he nearly signed for just two months ago.

Forest responded strongly after the break and were level through Darius Henderson, who reacted quickest to tuck home a composed rebound after Cox's shot crashed back off the crossbar.

Billy Sharp was sent on soon after for the visitors, who went close to taking the lead when Henderson sent a header wide despite being unmarked at the far post.

Brady curled a strike wide as Hull came back into the match before Stephen Quinn had a low effort well saved by Darlow.

Both sides chased a late winner but Forest got the crucial goal when substitute Lewis McGugan's low strike squirmed under Stockdale to make it six successive away wins for Davies.

Hull City's George Boyd celebrates scoring in the first minute of his side's match with Birmingham on March 2, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Boyd puts Hull ahead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole