Remy Cabella: 'No regrets about Newcastle United snub'

Montpellier's Remy Cabella celebrates a goal against Evian on September 21, 2013
© Getty Images
Montpellier star Remy Cabella says that he has no regrets about turning down Newcastle United.

Montpellier midfielder Remy Cabella has insisted that he has no regrets about turning down a move to Newcastle United last month.

The 23-year-old was touted as a potential replacement for Yohan Cabaye, but rejected the Magpies in favour of remaining in Ligue 1.

"I made the right choice to stay at Montpellier. I have goals, I hope to achieve them," he told RMC.

"I was glad that there was interest in me but the most important thing is what happens on the pitch here with Montpellier.

"I was 100% focused on the team. I do not see myself leaving."

Cabella, who completed a loan stint with AC Arles-Avignon during the 2010-11 season, has represented France at Under-21 level.

Montpellier's Remy Cabella celebrates a goal against Evian on September 21, 2013
Read Next:
Montpellier demand £86m for Cabella
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables