Nicky Bailey hints at Middlesbrough exit

Nicky Bailey
© PA Photos
Midfielder Nicky Bailey reveals that he has not been offered a new contract by Middlesbrough.

Nick Bailey has indicated that he will leave Championship side Middlesbrough this summer.

The 28-year-old's current deal at the Riverside Stadium is due to expire in June and despite admitting that he would consider staying put, the club have so far not offered him fresh terms.

"I've never said I wanted to leave Middlesbrough," the midfielder told Sky Sports News. "I have not been offered anything at Middlesbrough. Life goes on. If I was to leave then I would have had a few good memories. It might be time to move on.

"I would consider a new contract. If it was right for me and the family then 100% I would be there. We will see what happens. Hopefully I will have something sorted soon.

"I'd be really happy to stay and helping Middlesbrough back in the Premier League but I suppose time will tell."

Bailey joined Boro from Charlton Athletic for £1.5m in 2010.

Tony Mowbray on the touchline on October 30, 2012
Read Next:
Team News: Boro make seven changes
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables