Oct 25, 2014 at 3pm UK at ​Riverside Stadium
Kike (49')
Ayala (34'), Bamford (46'), Whitehead (51'), Fredericks (90')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Deeney (61')
Forestieri (39')

Result: Middlesbrough, Watford play out draw

Troy Deeney of Watford celebrates scoring his team's second goal during the Sky Bet Championship match between Watford and Blackburn Rovers at Vicarage Road on March 25, 2014
© Getty Images
Troy Deeney scores an equaliser to earn Watford a 1-1 in their Championship clash against Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

Middlesbrough and Watford played out a 1-1 draw in their Championship clash at the Riverside Stadium this afternoon.

Watford were the first side to threaten as Matej Vydra rose highest in the penalty area from a corner and flicked the ball into the path of Sebastien Bassong, who nodded a close-range effort just wide.

The home side went close as the visitors failed to clear their lines from a corner, and Kike laid the ball into the path of Albert Adomah to strike from the edge of the area, but his effort went just past the post.

Middlesbrough were denied the lead minutes later when Jonathan Bond produced a smart point-blank save from Patrick Bamford's shot from inside the six-yard box.

George Friend became the latest Middlesbrough player to be denied by Bond when he cut in from the left and drilled an effort at goal which the keeper managed to save.

In the second half, the home side finally took the lead when good play from Adam Clayton and Ryan Fredericks carved out an opportunity for Kike to find the net from inside the box.

Aitor Karanka's side nearly doubled their advantage when Bamford managed to find space in the area, but his powerful strike was well saved by Bond, who was single-handedly keeping Watford in the game.

Vydra should have fired the Hornets level when he latched onto a poor clearance from Dimitrios Konstantopoulos, but he snatched at his effort on the half-volley and put it over the crossbar.

The visitors did get themselves level on their next attack, though, as Ikechi Anya did well down the left to deliver a low cross into the area which was converted by substitute Troy Deeney.

Watford were unfortunate not to take the lead when Daniel Tozser lifted a cross into the area for Joel Ekstrand to attack, but the defender's header cannoned off the post and bounced clear.

Both sides had chances to win the game late on, but neither could find the net again as they were forced to settle for a point each on Teesside.

Watford's Ikechi Anya and Forest's Greg Halford battle for the ball on August 25, 2013
Read Next:
Team News: Anya returns for Watford in only change
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole