Carlos Tevez: 'AC Milan could not afford me'

Carlos Tevez of FC Juventus in action during the pre-season friendly match between FC Juventus A and FC Juventus B on August 11, 2013
© Getty Images
Juventus forward Carlos Tevez claims that AC Milan could not afford to sign him this summer.

Juventus forward Carlos Tevez has claimed that AC Milan wanted to sign him this summer, but pulled out of a move due to the Argentine's asking price.

The 29-year-old swapped Manchester City for Turin last month, but it is understood that he was open to the prospect of moving to the San Siro.

"Milan? [Adriano] Galliani really wanted me, but he told me that Milan did not have the money to meet City's demands," Tevez told La Stampa.

Tevez scored on his league debut for Juve in their 1-0 win over Sampdoria last weekend.

Alessandro Matri #32 of Juventus in action against Los Angeles Galaxy during 2013 Guinness International Champions Cup soccer match at Dodger Stadium on August 3, 2013
Read Next:
Milan's Matri bid hinges on Champions League
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables