Manuel Pellegrini plays down Manchester City link

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini
© PA Photos
Manuel Pellegrini says that he has not agreed to take over from Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.

Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini has played down talk of him succeeding Roberto Mancini as manager of Manchester City.

Reports surfaced last week suggesting that the Chilean had agreed to take the reins at the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season.

However, the 59-year-old said that he is happy in Andalusia and has no plans to leave.

"I do not care about the rumours," Pellegrini told reporters. "My mind is firmly in Malaga and I am very happy here.

"I have no arrangement with anyone and I do not want to worry about anything else other than Malaga."

Malaga are currently fourth in La Liga.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini on the touchline during the FA Cup fourth round match against Stoke on January 26, 2013
Read Next:
Mancini blasts reporters for questioning future
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables