Brendan Rodgers still keen to replace Luis Suarez

Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers gestures during the Barclays Premier League match between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield on September 01, 2013
© Getty Images
Liverpool coach Brendan Rodgers says that he is still in the market to replace talisman Luis Suarez before the transfer window closes.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that he still intends on replacing star striker Luis Suarez before the transfer window shuts.

The Reds head into the new Premier League season light on striking options since Suarez's £75m move to Barcelona, with Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert their only forwards.

Rodgers has splashed some £100m this summer, but admits that there is still money available to recruit a "top-level striker" to replace the Uruguayan, who hit 31 goals last season.

"The money is there - and we will look to improve at the top end of the field until the very end of the window," Rodgers told reporters.

"It's not easy to get a top level striker, no. But we have to keep looking. We certainly need something, because we haven't brought in another striker so far, apart from Rickie Lambert.

"You just never know what will happen in that last week - the window will always throw up something."

Belgium striker Divock Origi, who joined the Anfield club in the summer, will play the duration of the 2014-15 campaign on loan with French club Lille.

Will Liverpool sign a Suarez replacement?

Yes
No
Yes
83.9%
No
16.1%
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers gives the thumbs up during the Premier League match against Norwich on April 20, 2014
Read Next:
Rodgers vows to hunt for striker
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables